Saturday, October 10, 2009

How do we treat People - Part 2

Continuing with my 2nd part of the series - How do we treat people here is the 2nd reason:


Second Important Lesson - Pickup in the Rain 




One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American



Woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway



Trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had



Broken down and she desperately needed a ride.



Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. 



A young white man stopped to help her, generally



Unheard of in those conflict-filled 19 60's. The man



Took her to safety, helped her get assistance and



Put her into a taxicab.





She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his



Address and thanked him. Seven days went by and a



Knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a



Giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A 



Special note was attached.





It read:



"Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway



The other night. The rain drenched not only my



Clothes, but also my spirits.  Then you came along. 



Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying



Husband's' bedside just before he passed away... God



Bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving



Others."





Sincerely, 



Mrs. Nat King Cole. 



No comments: