anyway check this out.. !!
Guest writer, Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, author of Apartment Therapy: The Eight-Step Home Cure offers this short article of tips on how to solve small-space decorating challenges.
- Remove your interior doors (use curtains instead on closets and doors).
- Replace your big refrigerator with a smaller, undercounter model. It's more than enough room.
- Treat yourself to a really good, sturdy small vacuum (we love Meile).
- Use track lighting aimed at walls to free up floor space and create an expansive feeling.
- Install lighting inside closets so you can see what's in there. They will be easier to maintain and you will gain the feeling of more space.
- Clean your windows often so that more light comes in and your view is not blocked.
- Buy quality cookware, tableware, and linens. Small luxuries go a long way.
- Go wireless, transfer all your music to your computer and sell your CDs!
- Use full spectrum light bulbs to energize and enliven your home.
- Have lots of dinner parties. People actually socialize better in small spaces. And, as an added bonus, apartment dwellers who entertain take better care of their homes.