Monday, May 31, 2010

Pre-Monsoon Rains...

It was around 5 pm that I was about to go out for a walk when I noticed dark clouds outside and wind started getting momentum.. Suddenly in no time.. I could hear thunder and there it was... drops of rain started hitting on our terrace roof & making loud noise.. to make me not hear the movie that I was watching on Zee Marathi.

Something that I can't share with you on the blog and which is priceless is - the smell of mud when the first few droplets hit the ground.. and the fine droplets of water which was being blown by the wind.. all over me while I stood watching the rain in my terrace... It's just magical.. I missed my son and wife who are in Mumbai right now.. who love the rains.. !!!


In the end of may we all wait for rainfall in India. Rain has a romance to it; it follows the torrid heat of summer, and brings with it cool winds, fleecy clouds that are quickly chased by the heavy, dark water bearing ones that soon cover the sky like a thick quilt has been drawn over it. Rain brings water, While is life. It refreshes, energizes, feeds the soil and cleanses the air, washes the trees and leaves and sets everything right with the first shower. Rain is the subject of poetry and song. Some of cinema’s most romantic scenes are set against the backdrop of rain. Yet, the rain can destroy and harm and we know that the monsoon, even as we wait for it, brings an element of fear and worry. Clogged roads, overflowing drains and water-logged streets are bad enough.
First rain in India generally starts in south region like Keral, Tamil Nadu and moves towards west in Mumbai and gradually with in a month it starts raining in Goa, Karnataka, Gujarat, Rajasthan and north states of India which includes capital Delhi.
Here is something nice said about Rain: Rain Poem


I Love the Rain

Rain drops falling in my head,
and never knowing when it will end.
Should I run for cover,
or let another rain drop fall in my head again?
I would love to dance in the rain,
and knowing somehow it’ll help erase the pain.
Sometimes when I’m all alone,
and I see rain drops are falling outside again.
There’s happiness that I feel



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: