The admission crtieria is based on few aspects:
age critierion(For Standard 1 - 5 years complete as of 1st day of Term 1),
Document checklist consisting of Color Photo (passport size), Passport copy overseas students,) Identification certificate, Birth Certificate, Transfer Certificate (from previous school) & Original Mark sheets (if any).
School Hours are as follows
• Kindergarten - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Monday to Friday)
• Std 1 to 12 - 9:00am to 3:30pm (Monday to Friday)
• Recess for snacks and lunch are at 10am and 12pm:
• Co-curricular activities & ECA (Sports) are held on Thursdays or Fridays.
School term consists of 3 terms:
Term 1 May to July
Term 2 Aug to Nov
Term 3 Dec to Mar
Fee structure consists of a Registration fee (RF)which is Non refundable payable every year, plus Security deposit (SD) which is refundable again to be paid every year & plus the Tuition fees(TF) which is to be paid in 4 Quarters. On top of this there is a GST of 7% applicable for the tuition & regitration fee.
Annual Fees with break up are as follows: (RF+SD+TF)including GST
Nursery to K2: SGD 6,097.30(203.30+1400+1,498#)
Nursery to K2: SGD 5,524.30(230.30+1400+1,284#)Afternoon Session
Topup Fees For Kindergarten To Std I:
Registration KG Top Up Fees: $1,043.25 One time - Total - $3,129.75
Deposit Fees - $1,100.00 Refundable (no GST) - Total - $ 3,300
Class 1-5 : SGD 10,342.24 (2086.50+2,500+5264.40+ 491.34 (GST))
Class 6-8: SGD 10,425.49 (2086.50+2,500+5457+ 381.99(GST))
Class 9-10: SGD 11,387.20 (2086.50+2,500+6355.80+ 444.90(GST))
Topup Fees For Std X to XI :
Registration Top Up Fees: $ 545.70 One time - Total - $1637.10
Annual Fee structure for Class XI (TF+RF+SD) Incl. of GST
SGD 12,772 (7639.8+2632.20+2,500)
Annual Fee structure for Class XII (TF+RF+SD) Incl. of GST
SGD 13,535.98 (8403.78+2632.20+2,500)
- Sibling Subsidy - A 25% Sibling subsidy will be applicable on the tuition fees for 2 nd child and 3 rd child. The subsidy does not apply to other school fees such as Bus fees or registration fees.
- School Bus Fees will now be Zonal. Zone 1 will include areas within 3km (by road distance) and will be $115 per month. Zone 2 will be rest of the areas and will continue to be $135 per month.
- The Deposit fees will continue to be waived for the siblings (2nd and 3rd child) at the time of new admissions
- Compulsory GIRO – please note that all school fees at all times (except at time of enrollment) have to be strictly paid by Interbank GIRO. GIRO forms are available at www.giissingapore.org or can be collected from school office. This is as per the school policy implemented from 2003.
- With effect from 1st July 2007, Parents who are not paying by GIRO but by cash or cheque or internet transfers will be subject to following rules.
Non-GIRO Admin surcharge – A $50 surcharge will be required to be paid for every transaction of fee paid to the school via cash, cheque and internet. The non-giro admin surcharge will be S$50.
NETS payment surcharge – A 1.5% nets payment surcharge will be applicable on all NETS payments made to school / book shop / cultural centre.
Fines – All fees paid after the fees payment deadlines will be subject to a flat daily surcharge of S$5 per day.
- All School Fees are to be paid before the payment deadline dates. Each Academic year consists of 3 Terms, and each Term consists of 4 months.
I shall be giving an idea about the local schools in Singapore and try to compare them with the Indian international schools.