1 kg basmati rice
1 1/2 kg cauliflower, beans, carrots
1 small katori garlic pods
1 finger-sized piece ginger
10-12 sprigs coriander
15 green pepper, chopped lengthwise
8 large sized onions
1 bunch mint leaves
4 medium tomatoes
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp peppercorns
8 tez patta (bay leaves)
SaltOil for frying
- Slice the eight large onions. Heat oil and fry with whole spices.
- Grind ginger, garlic, coriander and mint.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add 1/2 tsp haldi to the sauteed onions, garlic, tez patta and then ground paste and saute further, till the mixture is well done.
- Add tomatoes and green peppers.
- Add salt, approximately two teaspoon.
- Add vegetables that have been cut in biggish pieces.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Let vegetables boil.
- Then lower heat and cook till vegetables are done.
- Cook the rice with nearly double the amount of water (i.e. per cup rice, 1 1/2 cups water).
- Boil till parboiled.
- Then mix with vegetables and cook again in the oven or on a very slow flame on the stove till done.
Happy Cooking.... !!!!!!!!!!