Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rush Hour 3

10th August we i.e me and about 6 of my office colleagues and one of the elder brother of one of our colleagues went for this movie Rush Hour 3. The reason we had to go for this movie is Jackie chan & Chris Tucker a pair who has given thrilling movies earlier in the earlier series of Rush Hour (1 & 2). Although the reviews were not so good, we had to trust our instincts and our liking for this cast which finally did prove right, cos we had a fantastic time.

The good thing was that it was first time we office colleagues were going together for a movie & it was like a guys day out. Movie is related in few ways to the older parts in few ways
1) There is Ambassador Haan and his daughter Su Yan who are part of discovering the syndicate running the underworld activities in the world & want to get this to end. Naturally they are in danger of being attacked by this syndicate to protect their interests and
2) This is where Inspector Lee(Jackie Chan) & LAPD James Carter(Chris Tucker) come together again to save them and find out who is behind this syndicate.

The search leads to Paris & the thrill that takes place in the Eiffel Tower is worth watching. Jackie Chan looks older but still continues to show the agility which can shy off even the fittest teenager. Chris Tucker is at his best & his presence has dominated the movie throughout & it is pure exhasuting fun. Looking at the sequel and keeping in mind the earlier parts tends to make you feel you are almost seeing similar story, but it is again well handled & is fun to watch.
We all were laughing so much at some of the jokes that we missed a few good jokes sometimes.
One of the funniest parts in the movie is when Jackie chan & Chris Tucker go for looking at Su Yan's locker at the Karate class that she goes & there is this lovely confusion of names of the chinese teacher & Chris Tucker. I had got similar joke sent to me few weeks back, just wanted to share this:
Caller: Hello, can I speak to Annie Wan?
Operator: Yes, you can speak to me.
Caller: No, I want to speak to Annie Wan!
Operator: Yes I understand you want to speak to anyone. You can speak to me. Who is this? Caller: I'm Sam Wan. And I need to talk to Annie Wan! It's urgent.
Operator: I know you are someone and you want to talk to anyone! But what's this urgent matter about?
Caller: Well... just tell my sister Annie Wan that our brother Noe Wan was involved in an accident. Noe Wan got injured and now Noe Wan is being sent to the hospital. Right now, Avery Wan is on his way to the hospital.
Operator: Look, if no one was injured and no one was sent to the hospital, then the accident isn't an urgent matter! You may find this hilarious but I don't have time for this!
Caller: You are so rude! Who are you?
Operator: I'm Saw Ree.
Caller: Yes! You should be sorry. Now give me your name!!
Operator: That's what I said. I'm Saw Ree
Ain't it good!!! imagine Chris Tucker as the caller & it sure is fun.
A few times the movie is almost like a bollywood thriller which disobeys the universal laws but one can neglect these.
All in all I would recommend this movie for Jackie Chan lovers to be seen atleast once for the sheer fun. I would rate it a 3.5 Star movie. You can get more news on http://rushhourmovie.com/

No comments: